Friday, April 22, 2011

Almay's Smarty Pants Powder! LOL

I was on the hunt for a new pressed powder that wasn't high end, so I went to my fav drugstore-CVS and came across Almay's Smart Shade Smart Balance Pressed Powder. I was drawn to it's funny looking dots =? The Almay brand isn't a brand that I would normally use or try, but lately they have really been on the cutting edge with their makeup technology, like their award winning smart shade makeup. This is bad, but I tend to think of them as a "old lady" makeup brand....ekkk! lol
The idea behind the powder is that it's supposed to "take the guess work out of finding the right powder shade." It has "Shade sensing pigments that deliver the perfect shade transformation"?? AND the "white swirls, contain microspheres to help keep your oily areas shine-free and dry areas softly hydrated" interesting, right?! What I also loved about the powder was that it comes with a sweet little brush to use NOT a pad/puff that actually spreads the oil. My concern was that I'm pretty dark right now from tanning & I didn't want to look too white or chalky. It comes in 2 shades. I obviously took the darker one. I LOVE it! It's a very transparent powder & the brush is really nice to use. I sweep a little under my eyes & over my cheeks & nose. I'm really liking this one alot =)  Def. takes off the shine!



sweet brush underneath the powder

No comments:

Post a Comment