Friday, February 4, 2011

Inexpensive Shampoo & Conditioner that I Heart!

I have honestly tried a ton of different shampoo & conditioner's, some good and some not so good. I've discovered both of these at my local Sally's beauty supply store and was super impressed at the quality for the inexpensive price!
The ION Daily Solutions Gentle Cleansing Shampoo is for all hair types and is also 100% vegan. I'm not a vegan so that doesn't really make a bit of difference to me but, it's nice to know. I've used a few ion products before and really wasn't impressed with them. I got this one as a free gift so I wasn't expecting too much. DAMN I was shocked no lie! lol First of all it smells incredible-like vanilla and coconuts with a hint rose (as my fiance described! ha) It makes a nice lather, not too much though. I'm sometimes leary when shampoo's lather up alot because it means that it has alot of soapiness in it which equals build-up. I ALWAYS make a habit of  looking at the ingredient list on the back of products & I was stunned to see that Linseed extract (flax seed), Grapefruit extract, Chamomile, Jojoba oil, & Panthenol are within the first 7 ingredients!! I have oily fine hair ,so I have to wash everyday-this has been a awesome product for me =D The price is $5.99 for 12 ounces.  It's a definite keeper!
Next up is Loreal's Feria Professional Conditioning Treatment 6oz for about $8 dollars. Even though I have super fine hair the ends get dry because I flat iron daily. I use to use Bumble & Bumble Seaweed Conditioner but its pretty pricey for 8ounces-about $20 bucks at CVS. I use it everyday so I would use up alot quickly. It wasn't very cost effective ya know? The Loreal conditioner is the same stuff that is in the little packets of conditioner if you ever have colored your hair at home with a box dye before. I use to squeeze every last bit out of those tiny packets. I swear I don't know what it is that they put in the conditioner because the ingredient list isn't anything that I recognize, BUT hands down this stuff is magical! It's not heavy at all and doesn't leave a oily residue. It's mainly meant to be used after a color treatment, but I use it everyday. I'm on my 4th or 5th bottle now-so I guess you can say it's my HG (holy grail) product!

No comments:

Post a Comment