Wednesday, January 26, 2011

High on Highlighter!

I have been on a highlighter high for a few weeks now and I wanted to share with y'all some of the newer products that I've been using. I'm just gonna go over some quick tips first about highlighting for the newbies =) First just wanna clear up where exactly does the highlight part go?:It goes on the highest part of the cheek right underneath the eye in a semi-C (stay to the outer most area) & down the bridge of the nose, then blush is applied to the apples of the cheeks BLENDED WELL up to the temples, last you can add the contour color which is gonna be 2-3 shades darker than your skin color. I'll blog about contouring later =) One step at a time ladies! lol
sorry, my brush is a bit dirty =-/
It's best to use a creme or liquid highlighter with your fingertips (the best way bc it warms up the product) THEN apply a powder on top to seal it in and make it last all day especially if you have oily skin like myself. The brush I use is MAC's 187 Duo Fiber brush because it doesn't pick up too much product. I smash the bristles together with my fingers to make it flat so I can dab it lightly on top the creme/liquid highlight.
*FYI you can buy makeup brushes at the craft store like Michael's or Gordon's* 
 
The 2 liquid highlighters I use are Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in 3 Gold & Sephora Luminizer in Rose. The Stila one has a nail polish wand like applicator which makes it easy to put on but, the color is a tad too golden for my skin. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sephora Luminizer because its a cross between a gel and a creme, it's really easy to spread and makes your skin look dewy and luminous. It's actually a base primer- I top it all off with NARS Albatross which is a  powder blush that appears white in the pan, but applies as a finely milled golden sheen. Its MAGICAL! You have to see it in person bc it has beautiful light reflecting particles in it. 
NARS Albatross
Some points to remember:
If you use a creme/liquid you MUST seal it with a powder for it to stay and that goes for blush too.
You can always add a bit of the liquid highlighter to your moisturizer for a quick all over glow.
If you don't have a creme/liquid highlighter you can use moisturizer instead on the area and then use a shimmery eyeshawdow instead as your powder highlight on top. Powder is powder, right? 
Left Stila /Right Sephoa

   











No comments:

Post a Comment